Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Zealand



Well well this gal has procrastinated too long. Had an amazing time in New Zealand earlier this year. Been meaning to upload photos and will now finally do it. Have to say that New Zealand has the most beautiful scenery of any place I have been in the world so far. Followed a close second by Lake Como in Italy. Here are a few highlights :)







One of the reasons I was able to convince my husband to travel was reminding him that his favourite movie of all time LORD OF THE RINGS was made there! lol Below is one of the settings for the scene with the large statues either side of the ravine (trying to sound like I know what Im talking about l0l).

Apparently Xena is filmed in New Zealand and we stumbled across these costumes displayed in a shop/museum. Funny thing is, when I was in my 20's, my then boyfriend and good friend used to say I reminded them of Xena.... Must have been the leather lol




The spectacular view from our hotel window.



People may recall I am the cow whisperer. Tried to whisper this bull, but he was having none of it. Did manage to get him to crack a smile though. He really loved my knock knock jokes :))



Sheep whispering attempt.... see for yourself lol






No comments: